Thursday, January 31, 2008

Teranova



Yesterday, I went to climb Teranova and then to see if Trojka was in shape, or done, as we say here. Teranova, 350m of super climbing - compact snow plastered to a 65 degree wall - was so much fun. I was with two Matejs, one has a lot of experience and the other says to me while soling the climb, you know this is my 2nd or 3rd time using ice axes. Ok. So that is the answeras to why Slovenia produced the best climbers, they all rock climb at a very solid level and so Alpine/Ice is so easy compared. Trojka was not is great shape, but we had a super day, luckily finished the day with a couple of cold beers and enough pizza to feed a horse. About the Photos, the mountain area is Jezersko, Terranova follows the well snowed up system in the middle of the wall, and Trojka follows up the middle of the upper rock head wall. Matej soloing next to me a minute after his declaration of inexperience.