Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2010 Makalu, Broad Peak, K2 and Cho Oyu Photo Gallery 4

Yes, it is true, it was my idea. The CTMA had done a great job dealing with the rope fixing and I suggested to them that in order to end the season on a high note - as there were only a few summits - they throw a party for all at ABC. They did and it was great!



Tibetan hands. I took this photo in a house in Old Tingri. Luis and I had gone on a stroll and an elderly woman invited us into her house for tea. Neither of us drank any, but it was a rare treat to see a traditional Tibetan home.



Kinga and Patricia enjoy a bit of bacon in K2 base camp. I had to endure alot of laughter from our cook. Yummy though.





Me and Alix Von Melle, Makalu, May at 6800m. Alix is a member of the Marmot Team - Europe. I saw her again on Cho Oyu this September - she was not lucky enough for the summit on Makalu this spring, but tough enough for the summit on Cho Oyu - one of the few!



Gerlinde at 7800m just cresting onto the shoulder. I was breaking trail at this point, it was hard going in the crusty conditions.