Friday, November 13, 2009

Humar's rescue: very sad news: Updated: Tragedy

The world lost one of its great personalities this week.

Tomaz, thanks for the great drinks at your house, I still remember that evening with great fondness..... Your were the best and the greatest inspiration! No one could match your intensity and love of life. My thoughts are with Maja and mutual friends.

____________________________________________
Langtang Lirung rescue update: Tomaz Humar missing, Swiss rescuers stuck in BC reports www.explorersweb.com

I am so sad over the news and developments. I am very aware of how the rescue team feels sitting in base camp. I know that Tomaz took great comfort in knowing many people were thinking of him during the similar situation on Nanga. I pray for better news.

This from Monday, January 07, 2008 from my own blog:
http://fabriziozangrilli.blogspot.com/2008/01/2-bottles-of-beer-is-all-it-takes.html