Friday, June 20, 2008

The Best Summit Pack: Cilogear 30L Dynema

As you can see from the posts about Frances and soon the posts of the overall season for me in the Alaska Range, I managed to convince Graham at Cilogear to let me test the Dyneema 30 L pack. I managed to fit everything in it for a 10 hour trip up the SW Ridge of Frances and also a 4 day journey on Denali - yes, I got bored of people asking me if I was on a day hike.
The pack carries much better than I expected, and the shoulder straps are surpisingly comfortable. With a bit of bungee cord I managed to strap my crampons on and I was the happiest person moving up Denali for sure. (OK, we cheated a bit by bringing no food to 14k as we knew that people would have too much there, and ended up making quesadillas for Merrick, Steve, Glen, Gren, Seth and myself for hours!)
If you need a great day pack that will not wear out I recommend the Cilo Gear 30l Dyneema pack!