Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Inspiration





Today marks 45 days until Jack (Tackle) and I depart for Alaska. We have a big goal again (last year we managed a new route on Huntington). Recovering from a fractured fibula and bone fragment caused by a lateral ligament pulling a piece of the talus off has not been fun, nor pretty. Granted I never rested in Patagonia (Nov 20 - Dec 31 2005, Thailand (Jan 23- Feb 14 2006) was the perfect distraction from hating being injured, as I watched Heidi climb strong. Thanks to Heidi for putting up with my mood swings as I say "this is my last day of climbing" for the umteenth time.

I ran for the first time today, although for only 25 minutes, then bouldered on easy terrain and attempted to do a Work out of the Day from Crossfit. Felt so good to have a goal again and see the other side of injury induced depression!!!

Play Hard