Thursday, October 15, 2009

Training for alpine climbing

This week has been hard training wise. After "resting" (Saturday night was a late one) all weekend I was climbing very strong on Monday, then ran 8+ miles after; Tuesday I lifted with a total focus on push muscles and core then ran the same 8+ mile loop; Wednesday was a restday - although it involved a bunch of prodding and needles at a medical research facility - more on this later, but I have very interesting physiological responses to altitude, and very interesting to be at 6000m with cords and cables strapped to me once a week, while doctors monitor my O2 sats. Today, I was back climbing and it was not as strong as Monday but not bad. Tomorrow should be a nice day in RMNP so hopefully I will get a bunch of alpine mixed done.
The struggle to get stronger continues.....